This Alaska tour is a dream come true for value-minded travellers seeking to experience Alaska's breathtaking scenery and thrilling experiences. You'll start and end your tour in Anchorage and also have overnights in Denali National Park and Valdez. In between destinations, you'll have the opportunity to witness scenery unlike anywhere else, with untamed wilderness and exciting wildlife sightings.
A tour highlight is your cruise across the striking Prince William Sound. Witness the three-mile face of the Mears Glacier as you keep your eyes open for marine wildlife, such as otters, seals, and whales, all while you admire stunning glaciers. Another tour highlight is your journey to Talkeetna, a quaint town exemplifying small-town Alaska, from Anchorage aboard the Alaska Railroad. On this train trip, you’ll travel through gorgeous wilderness and understand Alaska’s allure. Two nights in Denali National Park gives you the opportunity to explore this amazing park, home to six million acres and North America's highest peak (20,310-foot Denali). Perhaps go for a hike or participate in an optional outing, such as a wilderness tour to seek out grizzly bear, moose, caribou, and more. But that’s not all… on this Alaska holiday, you’ll witness stunning views as you travel over the top of Thompson Pass, where you’ll admire unforgettable scenery, and into Alaska’s interior across the Denali Highway. The Denali Highway is a seldom-travelled road through true wilderness with frequent wildlife sightings.
With magnificent scenery, opportunities to witness wildlife in its natural environment, and awe-inspiring experiences, this Alaska tour is a once-in-a-lifetime holiday!
- Adventure is knocking with everything you need for perfectly affordable touring. Cosmos includes hand-selected accommodations, guided sightseeing, and seamless transportation between destinations—with value-minded travel lovers in mind. Explore with expert Cosmos Tour Directors and Local Guides, and private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach. Enhance your free time to explore like a local with your CosmosGO mobile app!
- Journey on the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Talkeetna is included.
- Wildlife in Alaska is often seen in early season (May-early June).
- Visiting and participating in activities in these locations is subject to favourable weather conditions.
- Enjoy the spectacular colours of Alaska on our special Fall Foliage departure: August 27 & September 3 (if Mother Nature permits).